Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Idea # 7 - Flash Visuals of Concepts to aid Teaching

Problem : I was teaching the kids at Deepam , the concept of 'Force' , some months ago. I had prepared 4 simple examples t0 help students understand , better. I used the blackboard , 'told' them examples - Didn't help them much to 'visualize'. 

I got a couple of kids to 'enact' what i was 'saying' - the kids were able to understand easily. So, clearly, the problem is with 'teaching methods'.

Solution : Develop flash visuals for all concepts from the LKG to Class 12 and beyond.

If someone is aware of any free content on the web, please do let me know.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

KK,
www.starfall.com has some good material for young kids.

Ramesh

Arvind said...

KK, I fail to see the logic connecting your problem and solution. Yes, showing a Flash visual is quicker and neater than drawing on the whiteboard. But to really understand, experiencing it is the best way. Lets say, how center of gravity works, or a lever, or a pulley. The 'stickier' method would be a physical demonstration and participation as opposed to a flash video. Talk < Visualize < Experience